Monday, April 26, 2010

Maryland Heights in the snow

I previously posted pictures from Maryland Heights (here and here).  Here are some new pictures in inclement weather.

I had two great snow trips up to Maryland Heights this winter.  The first one was December 5th.  It started snowing as I parked the car at the train station.  I took the chance and charged fast up to the overlook.  I was rewarded with a beautiful but heavy snowstorm view.

For the second trip I slogged through a snowy northern trail to reach the relatively dry overlook.  However the North-facing mountains on the Virginia side of the Shenandoah were still covered in snow.

Take this as a warning - because of the steep northern facing hills many of the climbs around Harper's Ferry will keep their snow much longer than the surrounding DC area.

No comments:

Post a Comment